c I came home December 15,2010 //

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

04/14/2009 (Hey)

Well hello there. How was your Easter? Mine was good. We ate at the Bushmen’s house. We had the normal ham and potatoes. It was really fun though. I got your Easter package. I got one from Grandma Donna too. That was cool. Elder Montoya didn't get one so that was nice of you to send him stuff too.

It has still been pretty cold here. It rained pretty much all day on Sunday. Elder Montoya hates the cold. It has only been about 55 but he still wears thermals, long sleeve shirt and a suit coat. You gotta love it.

I have been meaning to tell you this for a while but I guess my companions have a problem with me. I guess I snore too loud. It doesn't really bother me. But if Elder Flint didn't fall asleep before me, he would go into the other room and sleep on the floor. And now Elder Montoya, who is so cold at night he has 2 blankets and a heated blanket on has bought ear plugs to use. I don't know what the big fuss is all about. I mean, it only wakes me up in the morning if I doze off during personal study.

Elder Montoya is cool. I have learned a lot of Spanish in just the week that he has been here. We are working really hard too. He also really likes chicken, like all of it, the meat, the cartilage, the marrow. Whatever floats his boat.

Tomorrow is Zone Conference in Hermiston, Oregon. It is about an hour and a half away and it starts at 9. I like Zone conference. Tomorrow should be pretty relaxed because at night we teach an English class.

Next Wednesday we have a Spanish conference over in The Dalles. That is like half way from here to the coast in Oregon. That should be cool.

We have met another guy named Nativity. He seems very interested, and is very humble. We have taught him a first lesson and he was very interested. He has kinda had a rough life. He and Elder Montoya both really like to fish so that helps too.

Efrian, he didn't come to church on Sunday. You have to go 3 times before you can be baptized. There are only 3 more Sundays until his date so we will see what happens. Satan knows when people have a baptismal date.

Other than that there are not very many other people that are very far along. We find a lot, we have a lot of people we can contact, it’s just getting them to progress.

Todd is moving back over to Vancouver with his wife this weekend. It will be sad to see him go but it is good that he is moving in with his wife.

What are you guys doing for Mothers Day? I don't know what we are doing besides preaching the gospel. Friday is my 4 month mark. That is pretty exciting.

Well that’s about it for this week. Keep on doing what you’re doing. Time is flying. We will talk to you next week. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment