c I came home December 15,2010 //

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

04/07/2009 (A lot going on!)

Well on to the good news. I got my new companion’s name. His name is Elder Montoya. He is from Mexico City. He came out on his mission the middle of November and he too was trained by Elder Flint. I don't know much about him other then he is a hard worker, and between the 2 of us, we have 9 months in the field. Crazy I know.

Well, remember Efrain? Well we had another appointment with him last night and we went over 3 Nephi 11. I just kept getting this strong urge to talk to him about baptism. Every time it was my turn to talk I mentioned baptism. Well it was a great lesson. We asked him to prepare himself for baptism for the 6th of May!!! He said he would. It was amazing. It was pretty much the last lesson that Elder Flint taught and we committed him to be baptized. It was amazing.

Well we have been doing a lot of running around getting pictures with people. Last night we burned one of Elder Flint’s suits. I got it on video. Yes we do call it killing someone off when they go home. Elder Flint has never killed anyone off and I kill him off in my first transfer. Crazy.

Well General Conference was awesome. I like how Elder Bednar said that the temple and the home are almost equal and so we need to keep our houses clean. There was a lot of talk about temples. I don’t know who said it but they said that when temples were far away you make great sacrifices to attend the temple, and now that there are so many more that are closer, you don't go any more often. I like that a lot. All the talks were amazing. A fabulous conference. We watched the Saturday afternoon and the Sunday morning sessions at the church. We then watched Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon sessions at members’ houses.

On Friday there was a baptism of a couple of kids in the ward and they had us confirm so I did my first confirming on Friday. That was pretty neat.

Well the weather has been about 65 and sunny for the past 4 or 5 days. Absolutely beautiful. The work is progressing. Hopefully we can get Efrain baptized and 50 more next transfer. Keep doing what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment