c I came home December 15,2010 //

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

03/03/2009 (Walla Walla week 1)

Well I arrived to Walla Walla and it is a weird town. It is a really old town with old colonial-looking houses. A lot of the people are kinda weird but there are nice normal ones too. It is an English speaking ward with about 20 or so Spanish members. The English ward starts at 11:30 and we go there and then at 12 we go to the Relief society room for the Spanish sacrament meeting. It is pretty fun.

We are teaching a few people. On Saturday we knocked on one door and a guy named Tito came out. We said who we were and he pretty much let us in. We taught him the first lesson and told him to read 3 Nephi 11. He sounded very interested. We are going back tonight at 7 for a follow up. I have a good feeling about him.

We do a lot of less active work which isn't very fun to me. We have been talking to one guy named Todd. He called us on Sunday during church and said he was in the hospital. I guess he had been taking narcotics since he was 13 and he is now 43. He just stopped taking them cold turkey. He is fine he just has to wait for it to get out of his body. We go over there almost every day now to just talk to him and keep him company. He is really trying to change his life around.

Our P-days are on Tuesday. We usually go to the library to e-mail but you have to have a letter to show you live in Walla Walla but I haven't gotten a letter yet so we are at the family history center.

My companion is Elder Flint. He is from St. George and he is going home at the end of this transfer. He is a really cool guy. He looks like Jamison Hunter and kinda has a personality like Matt Pobst. I really like him. He was supposed to go home this last transfer but he wanted to stay another one. Right now I want to go home 15 transfers early.

But on the bright side I have made it through the first week. Tomorrow we have zone conference which should take all day so that should be nice. The work is progressing so that is also good.

Well I better get going. Sorry Scott, Stacy, and Christi that I didn't write you. I received all of your e-mails and enjoy reading them. I will talk to you guys next week.

I love you all and think of you a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment