c I came home December 15,2010 //

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Things are going well (03/09/2010)

Things are going really well here in Yakima, Washington. It is even better that I get to stay for another transfer, with my companion, Elder Urbina. I really love this area. There is so much work to do and I love being submersed in the Spanish culture. This will be the longest I have been in an area, consecutively that is. The work is going really well too

We found a new investigator named Jasinto. He is a friend of a less-active member. He has a lot of questions on how to really receive forgiveness. We briefly went over the first lesson and he read the whole pamphlet. I have never met anyone that understood it so well, he literally nearly recited it back to us. He read the whole thing, it was amazing. So we went in a little bit more depth the next time we were there and challenged him to read 3 Nephi 11. We were unable to meet with him again for a lesson but we stopped by and he said he started reading it and once again, pretty much recited it to us. It was amazing. He is a great guy, but his only problem is he works on most Sundays.

Heraldo came to church this Sunday and stayed for the whole three hours which he hasn't been doing of late. He seemed to really enjoy himself so we don't know what is going on. He is a great guy but I guess he just doesn't have time to meet with us.

Jorge is still doing well, not much to report on that. He is battling with the flu right now. But he still hasn't come to church...

Rafael came to church again and is really doing well. He said he is going to come for the rest of his life now. He is one of three less-active families that we have been working with and have started to come back to church. It is awesome. At times I look at my mission and think I did more work with the less-actives then I did with investigators. I don't know why, but that is just how it ended up.

Well that is about it for this week. We are working hard and are still looking for people and finding them, but the hardest step is not meeting with them twice, is getting the third and fourth visits. That is the difficult part.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment