c I came home December 15,2010 //

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

05/26/2009 (Hello from Toppenish)

Well hello from Topp town.

We had a successful drive over to my new area. We drove over to the Tri-cities with Brother Crain who is in the bishopric in the Walla Walla ward. I then got into the AP's car and we drove to Yakima where the transfer site is for the Yakima Zone (which I now am in). I then met my new companion, Elder Cavaness, who was there waiting with a member from the ward who just got back from his mission in March from Australia. We hopped in their van and took the 20 minute drive back to Toppenish. The town is pretty small but I could already tell there is a plethora of Latinos. I am very excited about my new area and very excited about my new companion. My new area is about two hours from Walla Walla

The area has one kid on date for the 13th of June. He was dating a ward member and came to church one day and pretty much asked the Elders what do I have to do to join this Church. At first they thought it was because of the girl but we quickly realized that was not the case. He heard that and got offended that his girlfriend’s mom would say that. So that is pretty good.

My new companion, Elder Cavaness is awesome. He is from Sandy, Utah and he loves baseball. He is really fun and laid back and easy to get along with. The first week with him has been very very fun.

Yesterday for Memorial Day we had a zone conference in Yakima until about 3. Then our dinner for that night, the Clements, were having a BBQ so we went over there and then played a little bit of Volleyball.

Elder Flint served here while he was on his mission and has come back to visit so he is here this week so I will probably see him sometime this week.

There are three units here in Toppenish. Two English wards and a Spanish Branch. We cover one English ward and the Spanish branch. There are only about 100 in the English ward; it is very small. I had to speak already. I spoke on the first principle of the Aaronic priesthood which is becoming converted to the gospel and living its teachings. It was only a five minute talk so no big deal. The Spanish branch had about 20 on Sunday. They didn't have anyone to play the piano so I did. I played of course Praise to the Man, Battle Hymn of the Republic and Sweet Hour of Prayer. I asked to play I Stand All Amazed for the Sacrament hymn but they sang that last week so I played Jesus once of Humble Birth. I never played it before and I actually accompanied with both hands. I guess maybe I can branch out from my usual five or six hymns.

Well not much is happening, the work is slow right now but we are hoping to get it going again this week. I forgot to send the memory card this week but I will definitely send it tomorrow. Sorry!! I hope and Pray everything is great there.

No comments:

Post a Comment