c I came home December 15,2010 //

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another week down (07/27/2010)

Well another week is in the books. They seem to go faster and fast each week.

Things are going well here in Vancouver. We are still working with a lot of people, but we just can't get them to come to church. It is really frustrating but I guess that's life for ya.

We are still working with Domingo. He is doing really well and he wants to get baptized. There is just something holding him up that we aren't too sure about. We think it is self worth because his wife is always saying "If you would have just joined earlier maybe our kids would still be active" and all this stuff so we just think he thinks that he has no place here in life. But he is a really good guy who really knows his stuff. He has read a lot of books about Joseph Smith. Now we just need to get him to read the Book of Mormon.

Deborah is doing well. We are working with her Husband Arturo. We told him the other day, “look Arturo, we are not here to baptize you, we just want to teach you about Christ and show you what your wife believes in.” The spirit was there and we know he felt it but he is just so stubborn that who knows if he will act on it. He is really a nice guy, but for one reason or another, doesn't want his wife going to church or doing anything like that.

Friday we had interviews with President Greer. He is an awesome guy. We talked about a lot of things and he helped me a lot. I asked him about which College to go to, ASU or BYU-I and he said it’s really a toss up. Either one will work, you just have to be patient with the answer. We talked about when I will be coming home and he pretty much put it up to me. So my tentative release date is December 22nd. That is not for sure. It will be in about 6 weeks or so but that is the tentative date. We talked about a lot of other things. I really enjoyed our interview. At the end he prayed and said thank you for letting us be in the great weather since in Arizona it is 117°. I though it was pretty funny. But he is a good guy.

Other than that, things are going well. How have all of the Birthday celebrations been going? Mom, from your letters it seems that you have been really busy lately. I was wondering if you guys wanted to tour the mission. It doesn't matter to me but there have been a few that have done it lately so I was just wondering.

Well that's about it for this week. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment